At Women in Payments, we understand that privacy is one of the biggest concerns for Internet users. We’ve created this statement to demonstrate our commitment to your privacy and to show the value we place on the information you provide to us.
Women in Payments is a growing global movement of women supporting women across the payments ecosystem. We connect women at all stages of their careers. We inspire women by giving them the opportunity to hear and learn from other women experts at annual symposia education events, and networking events. We champion women through awards recognition, mentorship, and speaking opportunities
Links to Other Websites
Women in Payments sites contain links to other sites. Women in Payments is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of these linked sites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of these linked sites, as their policies may differ from us.
ABOUT INFORMATION YOU VOLUNTEER
You may sign up for membership, post articles, network with others or otherwise actively send us personal data using the site. “Personal data” includes, but is not limited to, your name, email address(es), billing address(es), delivery address(es), telephone number(s), contact preferences and credit card information. Personal data may also include your education and work history and other skills and characteristics related to your past, current or future occupational endeavours. You can amend or update your Women in Payments profile at any time and you can close your interests, demographic info (such as your occupation), profile at any time.
We use your personal data to:
- send you an electronic newsletter, if you’ve requested it,
- alert you about new products or opportunities,
- provide you with information you have requested about the company or about our products and services,
- collect survey data to improve our products and services,
- notify winners of contests we run periodically,
- send you or a colleague an email you’ve requested,
- send you an email confirming subscription or event registration,
- classify our users and correspondents into demographic categories so that we can better track the issues, concerns and preferences of those groups and ultimately, deliver products and services that more accurately meet their needs.
- expedite technical support if you request it
Women in Payments does not store your credit card information.
We will never share, sell, or rent individual personal information without your advance permission or unless ordered by a court of law. When you volunteer information that may be shared with our partners, we will ask you explicitly to grant us such permission by opting in on a web page.
For visitors to our site who are under 18 years of age we strongly recommend that you obtain the permission of a parent or guardian before providing us with any information.
We use contact information to notify winners. Other information we collect is aggregated and used by Women in Payments and the sponsoring client to improve the client’s offerings.
When you subscribe to a Women in Payments newsletter, we provide simple instructions in each newsletter, on how you can cancel your subscription.
ABOUT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
Technical and Demographic Information
Women in Payments collects technical and demographic information about you that does not personally identify you. Examples of this type of information include the computer operating system you use, your internet browser, your domain name and IP address, and the web pages you view. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
We use this information to diagnose problems with our website and to better tailor its content to your needs.
We do not otherwise disclose your personal data to third parties, unless such disclosure is required by law, necessary in connection with a legal claim or proceeding, necessary to protect the rights or interests of Women in Payments or third parties, necessary to prevent a crime or protect national security, or necessary to protect the personal safety of users or the public. We cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who may be using our server or services for illegal activities.
We may share aggregated demographic information with our partners and clients. This is not linked to personal information that you can identity any individual person.
PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION & WOMEN IN PAYMENTS
Women in Payments takes strong precautions to protect the information you provide from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, alteration, or destruction.
Information you provide is stored on a secure server. Only Women in Payments employees who need this information to do their jobs have access to it. All Women in Payments employees are made aware of the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to ensure information is protected.
PROTECTING WOMEN IN PAYMENTS AND OUR MEMBERS
Members can be held liable for any illegal or prohibited user content they provide to the site or to other members, including, for example, infringing, defamatory, or offensive materials. You may not, and hereby represent and warrant that you will not, post, transmit, email or otherwise make accessible on or through the site user content that:
- is unlawful, harmful, threatening, tortious, defamatory, libelous, abusive, disparaging, pedophilic, pornographic, obscene, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or malicious;
- contains hate propaganda or promotes discrimination or violence against any people on account of their race, national origin, religion age, gender, disability, or sexual orientation;
- is or could be harmful to minors;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- involves the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing (or “spamming”);
- promotes information that you know is if false, misleading, or promotes illegal activities or conduct;
- is or promotes illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, or providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices;
- infringes any patent, copyright, trademark, service mark, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any other party;
- contains restricted password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- provide material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18;
- provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- contains a software virus or any other code files or programs that are designed to or have the ability to interrupt, destroy, compromise, or otherwise limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment whether owned by Women in Payments or any other party.
- solicits passwords, or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users; or
- otherwise violates any local, state, national or other applicable law or regulation
In addition, you may not, in connection with your use of the site:
- impersonate any person or entity, including an officer or employee of Women in Payments, or falsely misrepresent your organization, or user with any other person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers for disguising the origin of any user content posted or transmitted through or on the Site;
- engage in commercial activities and/or sales without Women in Payments’ prior written consent including, without limitation, contests, sweepstakes, barter or advertising;
- post or transmit any content that you do not have the right to post or transmit;
- interfere with or disrupt the site or any server or network involved with the operation of the Site;
- collect or “harvest” from the site the names of other users for the purpose of transmitting to those other users unsolicited commercial messages.
If you discover this kind of material or activity on the site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW YOU CAN CHANGE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDED
If you have provided information to Women in Payments and would like it deleted from our records, or you would like to update information you’ve given us, please send an email to email@example.com.
IF YOU FEEL YOU HAVE RECEIVED UNSOLICITED EMAIL
Women in Payments does not send or condone unsolicited email, or “spam”. We send emails only to people who have requested our newsletter or participated in our events or programs. If you feel you’ve received unsolicited email from Women in Payments, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. We promise to deal with your issue promptly.
1698 Flambourough Circle